Innovation is essential for survival and growth in today's marketplace. But how do you get your teams to break out of their everyday thinking and generate new ideas that are both groundbreaking and viable, develop and execute on promising products and services, and embed ongoing innovation capabilities in the organization?
Drawing upon our scenario expertise, GBN offers a range of structured ideation processes designed to unleash imaginative thinking in order to better anticipate future customer needs, identify new growth platforms, and spot "white space" opportunities. We help you apply models that surface and test market assumptions in order to quickly distinguish exciting, yet workable, ideas for the future. We emphasize profitable experimentation that combines operational strategies for early concepts with rapid prototyping and fast failures to keep costs of innovation in check. And we help you develop execution strategies that don't stifle the most innovative thinking, prioritize safe bets, or promote only those concepts with which the decision-makers are comfortable — a surefire recipe for missing "the next big thing." GBN works with you to:
- Apply GBNnovate, our proprietary tool for imagining, prioritizing and developing new business ideas by combining and balancing analytical thinking and creativity. Grounded in the cognitive sciences and led by experienced GBN facilitators, GBNnovate will help your team imagine dozens of new products and services — and then prioritize and develop the best of them.
- Move beyond traditional, linear forecasting models to explore a divergent set of plausible scenarios that re-perceive the future of your industry or organization and serve as the platform for ideation and innovation
- Explore different models of innovation and assess their fit for your culture and needs
- Create an adaptive organization that encourages experiments, mistakes, rapid prototyping, and disruptive breakthroughs
- Develop your capacity to continuously learn about the changing business environment in order to anticipate evolving customer needs and cutting-edge technologies and processes
- Tap external networks of visionary thinkers and experts to co-create and test promising new ideas
For more information on GBNnovate as well as GBN's full suite of innovation offerings, please contact information at gbn dot com or click here.
GBN in Conversation with Clay Shirky—author of Here Comes Everybody: The Power of Organizing Without Organizations—on how and why new communications tools are enabling newfound conversation and coordinated action at little or no cost. (April 22, 2008)
GBN in Conversation with Adam Kahane, Cofounder of Reos Partners and renowned facilitator of multi-stakeholder social change efforts on "Co-Creating New Social Realities: Harnessing both Power and Love"